Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: USA vs. Poland pente team tournament
Replies: 19   Views: 95,382   Pages: 2   Last Post: Oct 4, 2007, 7:53 AM by: spifster

Search Forum

Back to Topic List
Replies: 19   Views: 95,382   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
dweebo

Home page
Re: USA vs. Poland pente team tournament
Posted: Sep 14, 2007, 3:15 PM

Whatever format you decide on, since it is a "special" type of tournament I'm sure that with a little work I can figure out how to make it happen.

And there would be no need for a signup page, we'd just have the director verify everyone wants to play and let me know and I'd enter the data manually.

Instead of manually choosing 6 players, how about create a US championship and allow anyone who wants to play be in it, and the top 6 go on to the USA vs. Poland event? And if Poland wants to do the same thing that is cool too. Just an idea.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 18, 2007, 12:59 AM

I like this equal opportunity idea, however I doubt karl does, since hes already got his heart set on the perfect match make as he might put it. Although, if he really did pick the best then theoretically they should be able to win a pro USA tourney competition. maybe....

I say lets do it,..unless Poland doesn't have time to wait for us to finish one. They probably have time to though, perhaps...

~zoeyk

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
dweebo

Home page
Posted: Sep 18, 2007, 2:49 AM

One thought I had later is that the USA players probably wouldn't want to do this in order to save their best moves for the big tournament.

Only way to get around that would be to make some code changes to allow a "private" tournament and that seems sort of silly and not useful for anything else.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 18, 2007, 11:31 AM

good point.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
spifster

Posted: Oct 4, 2007, 7:53 AM

Well, soon the opening moves of the BK tour will be done, and anyways... if this team tournament is going to be live, then the games will be played out much differently tactically just because of how little time each player will be able to devote to each move. I personally am for starting this tourney as soon as possible. Do we have all the poles lined up to actually be here and play? And does Team America have a full team yet?

Replies: 19   Views: 95,382   Pages: 2   [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Back to Topic List