Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: private tables intruded by players with admin privileges
Replies: 34   Views: 93,173   Pages: 3   Last Post: Dec 6, 2006, 7:27 PM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 34   Views: 93,173   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
blinkers

private tables intruded by players with admin privileges
Posted: Sep 28, 2006, 1:16 AM

I was recently in a private table with another player. I didn't want any intrusions, and just wanted to play one player with no comments, or remarks from anyone else.
Someone did intrude though, by entering our "private" table. Why is this? I have since found out that they had "admin" privileges and can enter private tables if they want to. This intrusion annoyed me a lot. And still annoys me. I finished that current game and left.
I would have thought a private table could keep out all nuisances and intrusions, but apparently not. The table was private, yet not private enough.
I don't want anyone intruding on my private game and then start chatting away to my opponent. I had already noticed them in the main room, trying to coax my opponent into abandoning their game with me, in favor of playing them. This administrative privilege is a way of some jerk intruding into my privacy and space. They can enter my "private" table quite rudely. I'm outraged.
I'm ****ing annoyed! No ****ing privacy on a private table.

Please make the tables private properly, and don't allow anyone uninvited to enter at all, if a table is private.

If I had these privileges and saw a private table, I would not intrude. The player in question should have these privileges taken from them.

dweebo

Home page
Re: private tables intruded by players with admin privileges
Posted: Sep 28, 2006, 2:45 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. Yes karlw should have respected your decision to make the table private, I've communicated that to him. He was recently granted admin privileges and its my fault for not properly educating him.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
karlw

Posted: Sep 28, 2006, 6:05 PM

sorry blinker. i tried talking to you on the main chat but you wouldn't answer. and i wasn't "coaxing your opponent," she happens to be a good friend of mine who i rarely get to play, and I was just checking to see how much longer it would be. it won't happen again.

screw

Posted: Nov 3, 2006, 3:28 AM

I think what just happened to me is along the same lines as this... so I will post in this thread.

Player Karlw was at my table, I no longer wished to take his abuse (He was telling me how I must be a bad player because I had lost two unrated games to him) I wanted the seat he was seated in to be free so I booted him, hoping that I could invite another player to the table and actually play a game. He then proceeds to rejoin my table, and boot me, then making it private, so that I may not rejoin. Telling me in the lobby never to boot an admin, he then informs me of his ability to delete player’s user accounts, and that I should be fearful of this happening to me. Or in his words, he wishes me to “squirm like a worm” with the knowledge that he is god.

I have never experienced anything like this ON any online gaming sites before. Nor would this action be tolerated.

screw

Posted: Nov 3, 2006, 3:28 AM

Bump

screw

Posted: Nov 3, 2006, 3:30 AM

Bump to main page

screw

Bump to main page

screw

Bump to main page

karlw

Posted: Nov 3, 2006, 3:41 AM

this after screw told me to go f*** myself, and then described for me exactly how to do it.

i love selective memory...

"bump to main page"

aren't we desperate for attention?

brf

Home page
Posted: Nov 6, 2006, 8:00 PM

Actually I believe the whole purpose of this thread was to reiterate that a private table should remain private at all costs right? (otherwise what is the point of it being private in the first place?). If I'd booted you from my table Karl and you did not respect my wishes at the table 'I owned' I would take major issue with that. Admin priviliges are for people who respect what that privilege was intended for. My understanding of the Admin privilege was that it is to 'Help' people when they ASK and Dweebo is otherwise busy....it is not to be lorded over other users as I've heard has been done (from more than one person too I might add). I just find the whole thing uncool as hell.

-Brf

karlw

Posted: Nov 7, 2006, 1:34 AM

"a private table should remain private at all costs right?"

yes lives are at stake.

brf

Home page
Posted: Nov 7, 2006, 2:14 AM

Nobody said lives were at stake, a person's right to privacy on a 'private' table should be honored though Karl...Dweebo never seems to have had trouble respecting that, why is this concept so hard for you to grasp? Also, what have you had admin rights a whole month now? and all you've done with it is tick people off and brag about how cool you are with your newly acquired pente superpowers? I get the impression that you're one of those guys that just has to take any little advantage he has over someone else and flaunt it right? Because if no one sees that you have these all-powerful abilities your ego just couldn't take it. Yeah you're cool, just keep threatening people and doing more lame stuff man, you're making friends all over and making the site a much better place.
-Brf

karlw

Posted: Nov 7, 2006, 3:01 AM

yeah my all-powerful abilities....lol

you know me so well for some one who i have run into maybe twice...on an internet site...

chooch2

Posted: Nov 8, 2006, 4:26 AM

the classic response for someone trying to justify a wrong.

karlw

Posted: Nov 8, 2006, 4:29 AM

http://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=3121&messageID=9768#9768

Replies: 34   Views: 93,173   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]