Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: why do we now gain or lose pts in a tied set?
Replies: 2   Views: 25,640   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 18, 2019, 9:30 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 25,640   Pages: 1  
ziggys

why do we now gain or lose pts in a tied set?
Posted: May 17, 2019, 11:49 PM

has anyone noticed that even winning both games can cost you points? splitting a set can earn or lose you points lately. just in the last week. it does not seem to be that no one earns pts in a tie any longer. and I am not referring to provisional player status, but to oppnents and players with hundreds of games under their belt. why has this changed?

watsu

Home page
Re: why do we now gain or lose pts in a tied set?
Posted: May 18, 2019, 1:44 AM

If winning both games loses you points, it's likely part of the provisional ratings calculation formula. Re: splitting sets, see here:

https://pente.org/gameServer/forums/thread.jspa?forumID=1&threadID=232090&tstart=0

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
rainwolf

Home page
Re: why do we now gain or lose pts in a tied set?
Posted: May 18, 2019, 9:30 AM

From the code itself, it seems dweebo built in protections to prevent a points raise on a loss, or points decline on a win. I extended those rules to draws and it now prevents a points raise when you draw and your opponent is lower rated and vice versa.

As for rating changes in draws, I have had many happen since the change was instated, the scenario you describe shouldn't be happening. If you can point me to a game where this happened I can investigate.

Replies: 2   Views: 25,640   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]