Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: interactive strategy guide
Replies: 2   Views: 22,275   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 12, 2004, 10:40 AM by: tancred

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 22,275   Pages: 1  
tancred

interactive strategy guide
Posted: Dec 18, 2003, 5:46 PM

Hi

I have been baffled by the different "versions" of pente offered for gameplay on this site. After a little grumbling I finally decided to go read the instructions & "interactive strategy guide" available on this site.

Problem:
As soon as the applet starts (blue background & one button on the bottom left saying "rules") my CPU-usage climbs to 100%, & nothing is displayed ...therefore no strategy guide.
...the applet for playing pente works fine on the other hand.

is there an alternative way of accessing this guide than via the applet?

Tancred

System:
AMD64
redhat taroon
java1.4.2_02

dweebo

Home page
Re: interactive strategy guide
Posted: Jan 11, 2004, 10:04 PM

No, the strategy guide can only be accessed via the applet.

I don't know why you had problems with it. Try viewing the "java console" when you access the applet and send me any error output. If you don't know how to open the java console I posted about it on the forums somewhere, you can find it by searching.

Thanks

Pente Rocks!
tancred

Re: interactive strategy guide
Posted: Jan 12, 2004, 10:40 AM

The thing is: I don't get any errors. the applet starts up all right (see screenshot) and then it just hangs there (or rather it seems to be constantly re-drawing the screen) and uses 100% of the cpu.

...but reading throught he forum posts at least explained the rules of the pente variants.

Replies: 2   Views: 22,275   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]