Home » Forum Home » Turn-based

Topic: When I put up an open invitation, one player takes them all
Replies: 4   Views: 23,102   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 19, 2018, 2:36 AM by: whome123

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 23,102   Pages: 1  
whome123

When I put up an open invitation, one player takes them all
Posted: Nov 17, 2018, 5:53 PM

Hello -

Am very much enjoying the turn based game but one player is taking all of my open invitations. I will request to cancel and it is declined. Is there a way to prevent 1 player from taking all your open invites?

There should be a sense of fairness and respect. If the game has not progressed very far, and it is not a matter of flipping the board when you know you have lost, a cancel request and a request to play only one set at a time with a player should be honored. Otherwise, there should be some way to block that player from taking all your invites.

I think they are just expecting I will either play or run out of time if I choose not to play them. Then they win by default.

Another solution would be not to lose points if a player resigns before the 1st active move.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: When I put up an open invitation, one player takes them all
Posted: Nov 17, 2018, 8:21 PM

Over the years I have tried to create some countermeasures to this behavior.

Things you can do, in order of severity:
- don't post beginner invitations, their only merit is that whoever takes your invite automatically gets a new one posted for them,
- use the invitation restriction "not already playing", this implies that only players you're not already playing against will be able to see your invitation,
- as a drastic measure, you can choose to ignore a player, after which your invites will be invisible to them, this can only be done on the web, not yet in from within the mobile apps. This functionality is available here

whome123

Posted: Nov 17, 2018, 8:57 PM

OK, this makes sense! I did not know the "not already playing" function was there.

I enjoy playing every player and have never been disrespected. Just do not want 12 open timed games with the same player.

haggis

Posted: Nov 19, 2018, 2:09 AM

If it's a new player, it may just be a simple misunderstanding. Before coming to Pente.org, I played at Pente.net and on that site, you only saw invitations directed to you, there being no open invitations there. The first week or two I was here, being eager to play, I snapped up multiple invites from single players, thinking they were personal invites for me and not realizing they were open to any player.
If it's not a new player, then my advice is to win the sets and scare them off.

whome123

Posted: Nov 19, 2018, 2:36 AM

Replies: 4   Views: 23,102   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]