Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Site update!
Replies: 35   Views: 48,811   Pages: 3   Last Post: Jul 7, 2022, 11:57 PM by: wayak

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 35   Views: 48,811   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
zoeyk

Home page
Re: Site update!
Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 2:35 AM

The dash board doesn't seem to notify me now if I have a new private message

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
ray_jay

Home page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 3:40 AM

Not sure if we ever played but, that post gave me chuckle!

https://blakleycreative.com/
invictus

Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 3:59 AM

is there a game database lockout feature for players engaged in a live game?

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 4:21 AM

Vic, ill assume you mean Rated live. That would need to be tested. Without the boot me now button tho, I wouldn't be willing to do live Rated play. Too risky without a way to kick you ghosted name if you disconnected. I might risk it on speed or a variant i suppose.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 4:50 AM

I'm having a hard time visually adjusting to the new dash. It feels like I'm in a sterile doctors office. Perhaps dark mode is the solution.. The pente.org logo should be worked on. This sites color theme has always been green and yellow. Now its just green for the logo. Also I'm unsure of putting a white arm as the mascot, especially right after the whole BLM movement. But maybe that sounds nit picky of me to mention. This thread i think was intended as a do you like the improvements, but I'm thinking its leaning more to a Damage report assessment, of things that are missing now. As you said there will be some growing pains. Im hoping that the critical features which use to work can be restored.

mumix

Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 6:02 AM

The new look is nice. The database on mobile is clunky. the back/forward/reset/search buttons should be immediately below the board and above the filtering section. Also, the buttons are really small and it is hard to tell if you pressed them successfully (there is no visual click).

This was an issue before - but I cannot post messages to forum if there is an apostrophe used (do not know if is mobile specific issue).

Message was edited by: mumix at Jun 27, 2022, 6:03 AM

titok

Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 7:02 AM

Hi! I have some suggestions

1) On the game page, to make it easier to click on the button to cycle to the next game, please add
for="cycleCheck"
to the <label class="topic-12"> tag, so that instead of having to click on the tiny checkbox, we can also click on the text of the label, like this:
<label class="topic-12" for="cycleCheck">

2) The "My messages" navigation thing on the dashboard no longer tells me that I have unread messages or how many there are. Please add this back.

3) From the gameboard, navigating through the game between moves is no longer intuitive: if I want to see what my last move was, I have to click on the numbers in my opponent's column instead. I know that I can click "back" and "forward" but please sort out the column thing; the root cause is that sometimes player 1 is on the rightmost column.

4) I have a small screen on my computer, and I want to be able to submit and move to the next game without having to scroll. Similarly, from my dashboard, I want to be able to see at least one of my games and click on it without having to scroll around. Here are some screenshots of what I can currently see on each of these pages without scrolling down:

gameboard

dashboard

Message was edited by: titok at Jun 27, 2022, 7:03 AM

katysmom

Posted: Jun 27, 2022, 8:15 PM

The new look is great - the old site was extremely dated as far as the UI goes. Dark mode will be awesome. Am I missing where you can play C6 or Keryo against the AI in the new format?

Message was edited by: katysmom at Jun 27, 2022, 8:26 PM

nate42

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 3:27 AM

I agree with Mumix. I have to do lots of scrolling to use the database right now.

Overall I like the look though.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 3:40 AM

Editing, pulling back on my message. Zach reassures the functionality of certain missing core features will be restored and it wasn't his intention to remove them. Ok I wait to see.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Jun 28, 2022, 4:54 AM

zachburau

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 3:41 PM

Hey guys!

First off, I wanted to say thank you all very much for the feedback. It's clear that during the update we missed a few things from the previous interface. I wanted to reassure everyone that I'm aware of this and, we are updating the interface to include these. I'll keep the community up to date as we push these updates in the coming days.

On another note, the mobile app update is wrapping up shortly. I'll be sure that we don't leave out any of the previous functionality.

As I said, thank you again for the feedback, and I apologize for any issues encountered.

metzgerism

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 3:51 PM

"It is now your turn in 10 turn-based games."

The "10" isn't tied to anything, and doesn't change.

I'd also love to see more compact rows on the desktop site, I have to scroll a lot to see all my games.

I'd also like to see the Pente.org in the top left be a link to your dashboard. I know you're trying to un-duplicate things, but I keep on clicking it like a dummy.

Message was edited by: metzgerism at Jun 28, 2022, 3:51 PM

zachburau

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 4:57 PM

Got it, adding to the list, will have that updated shortly as well. Thank you!

zachburau

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 8:53 PM

Hello everyone,

As you have noticed, the site has been reverted to the previous version. I appreciate everyone's feedback. Below is the plan moving forward.

- Site reverted to the previous interface
- Over the next week, I will improve and make the updates requested by you all
- Once these updates are completed, there will be a button at the top to toggle between the old version and the new version, each player can choose which interface they would prefer to use.

I think this is the best solution moving forward and I apologize for any disruption/frustration caused by the recent update.

Best,

Zach

titok

Posted: Jun 28, 2022, 8:58 PM

Thanks for being so responsive to our feedback! I'm looking forward to seeing version 2. It's good that there will be an option to go back and forth between versions.

Replies: 35   Views: 48,811   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]