Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Pente.org sale/sold
Replies: 32   Views: 48,623   Pages: 3   Last Post: Jun 10, 2022, 3:04 PM by: mumix

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 32   Views: 48,623   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
rainwolf

Home page
Pente.org sale/sold
Posted: May 27, 2022, 5:40 AM

Pente.org and its mobile apps have been sold to a new owner. Incidentally, he also owns and operates gomoku.com so they come with some prior experience in the pente-like games sphere.

Since the codebase has grown quite a lot in size and complexity, I'll be sticking around for a few months to help in the transition and whatever kinks may arise in the foreseeable future.

zachburau

Re: Pente.org sale/sold
Posted: May 27, 2022, 5:50 AM

Hey Pente community!

I'm super excited to start working with Pente.org. Walied has done a great job with it so far. I'm not looking to make any major changes; for now, I'm just looking to refresh the UI a little bit. If there are any specific feature requests let me know! I can make it happen.

watsu

Home page
Posted: May 27, 2022, 6:28 AM

Awesome, welcome zachburau! First on my personal list is a request to add swap2 Pente (and ideally swap2 opening options for gomoku and Pente variants as well) to the games playable here. Ratings calculated based on single games rather than by sets, for preference. I know there are likely other priorities and requests, but that's been #1 on my list for awhile now, so just tossing it out for consideration. Once again, welcome!
ETA: I haven't personally noticed a difference between 19x19 and 15x15 swap2 Pente in hundreds of games, so either board size is likely fine for Pente (but gomoku should likely be 15x15), though perhaps pente_gon can find a difference between the two board sizes.
ETA #2 I added Pente variants and gomoku as having the potential to benefit from swap2 openings as well.

Message was edited by: watsu at May 27, 2022, 3:05 PM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
watsu

Home page
Posted: May 27, 2022, 6:53 AM

Thank you, Walied, for carrying the torch all these years!

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
metzgerism

Posted: May 27, 2022, 3:52 PM

the oppression of zach has begun

beware or be poofed

Message was edited by: metzgerism at May 27, 2022, 3:53 PM

zachburau

Posted: May 27, 2022, 7:38 PM

Nice to meet you! I'll add these requests to our roadmap, once that roadmap is done I'll share a link to it so everyone can track our progress and know what to expect! I'll make it open so people from the Pente.org community can add requests.

etyrnal

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2022, 3:03 AM

The was a suggestion of being able to instantiate a NEW game based on a previous game, for example, one from the database, or to re-play through a game starting from a specific turn/move/player...

i.e. look up one of your old games, or one from the database, tell pente.org or the app that you want to start a new gamer using this game, at move number X, as player 1 or two, and offer the other turn to either a specific user, or an open invitation.

Partly for fun, flexibility, discussions, studying games, answering what-if questions.

It would even be cool to summon a great game from the database, and start the game at a specific move number, as a specific player, against the APP AI, or the website AI.

It's a great learning tool, and would also be fun to settle debates and speculations. LOL

etyrnal

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2022, 3:04 AM

What happens with memberships recently purchased?

invictus

Posted: May 28, 2022, 4:11 AM

dunno how you came up w/ that playername but you are obviously jonathan from 'property brothers'!

bloodied but unbowed
watsu

Home page
Posted: May 28, 2022, 6:33 AM

"And then site ownership reverted back to rainwolf, once zachburau realized the exact nature of the insane asylum he'd just purchased."
Quote extracted from The History of Pente.org Vol. VI

invictus

Posted: May 28, 2022, 6:42 AM

i enjoy fava beans and a chianti
it was that or
"it puts the lotion on it's skin"
we couldn't make up our minds

bloodied but unbowed
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: May 30, 2022, 12:01 AM

I slid in your DMs

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
madmike

Posted: Jun 1, 2022, 8:33 PM

I agree, Thanks rainwolf. Job well done. I hope you made your coin.

madmike

Posted: Jun 1, 2022, 8:38 PM

another color for the next highest ranked players.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Jun 1, 2022, 9:25 PM

Per madmike's request, this thread started off with a discussion of adjusting rating colors, though it moved on to other topics from there.

Replies: 32   Views: 48,623   Pages: 3   [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]