Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Game Table Enhancements
Replies: 2   Views: 31,336   Pages: 1   Last Post: Feb 15, 2011, 8:15 PM by: theskald

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 31,336   Pages: 1  
jasonb

Home page
Game Table Enhancements
Posted: Feb 12, 2011, 8:59 PM

Some thoughts on ways to make the game room even better. Please add your own ideas:

1. Allow undos when playing AI.
2. Allow players to agree to back up to a certain spot in a game and start over from there.
3. Allow players to agree to reset clock during a game. Helpful for times when we didn't realize the timer was on until half way into an interesting game.
4. Pick any game from the database and load it into the game table for replay at a certain point with human or AI.
5. Make the timer more obvious.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Game Table Enhancements
Posted: Feb 14, 2011, 2:27 PM

thanks jason. i always dislike it when i post stuff like this and no one says any thing. just wanted to acknowledge you for your contributions.

i'll add that it would be neat to have our avatars appear on each side of the table when playing.
and the sound of a grenade going off when a capture is taken. or perhaps the sound of a samurai sword swooshing and slicing when a capture is taken. and if a double capture then there should be an even more amazing sound happen.

hey perhaps, what about, if you predict whether you'll win by captures or pente. and if you turn out to have guessed correctly in the end, and you win the set, you get a bonus point awarded to your earnings.

being able to maximize the chat box would be nice since its so small, then minimize it when you want to see the board.

show threat colors would be cool in unrated games.

being able to skin the border of your table with your choice of graphics would be fun.

back to your timer idea, let both players do a vote for freezing the timer during play.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
theskald

Re: Game Table Enhancements
Posted: Feb 15, 2011, 8:15 PM

I really like Jason's ideas #1 and #4.

Replies: 2   Views: 31,336   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]