Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Posting Analysis Games in the Forums
Replies: 4   Views: 31,761   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 16, 2010, 5:33 PM by: jasonb

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 4   Views: 31,761   Pages: 1  
jasonb

Home page
Posting Analysis Games in the Forums
Posted: Oct 10, 2010, 5:29 PM

Peter,
The ability to post games in the forums is great. Icing on the cake would be if the posted games were in the same format as the text output of the database and Mark Mammel's Pente game (ie. 1. K10 M7 2. J13 K9 3. H10 M11).

Another way would be to add a txt button to the database board that would export the current board configuration to a txt file (in a format that a forum post would recognize as a game to be posted, and the standard export format being generated by the txt buttons right now).

Edit: I made an excel file that does this conversion. It takes a text string that looks like the one above and converts it to a string that the forums will recognize as a game table; if anyone wants it, let me know.

up2ng, if it's appropriate to post the file here, let me know, and I will upload it or send to you.

up2ng

Re: Posting Analysis Games in the Forums
Posted: Oct 16, 2010, 3:33 AM

Hi Jason, I think this is a great idea.

I would say that it should be fine to attach the excel file that you mentioned, although you might want to wait for Peter to respond first in case he has any preference about which types of files are acceptable to attach.

Since this is a reasonable development suggestion posted in the correct section, this should catch Peter's eye when he gets a chance to check the forums -- just be patient, his time spent on pente.org is a bit limited right now, but he should get back to you about this idea at some point.

jasonb

Home page
Posted: Oct 16, 2010, 8:06 AM

Here is a screen shot. It is very slick, I have experimented with large game boards; takes all of the work out of it.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 16, 2010, 8:19 AM

i will say that, that is great, and but, if this is done i still want the old way available too. and heres why.
when inputing by hand

move comma move Ie; K10,K9

is way easier than

number period space move space number period space move Ie; 1. K10 2. K9

perhaps its better to change marks code to K10,K9? or im probably suggestion a harder way i guess. well yea i guess if the prog exported NEW moves made by me, the hand typing moves would no longer be needed. yea that would be pretty cool. sorry im slow sometimes.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Oct 16, 2010 2:24 AM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
jasonb

Home page
Posted: Oct 16, 2010, 5:33 PM

Woops, the screen shot didn't stick. Let's try that again.

Replies: 4   Views: 31,761   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]