Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: What are the chances of multi player pente and keryo?
Replies: 5   Views: 30,150   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 25, 2009, 10:38 PM by: raidengl

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 30,150   Pages: 1  
raidengl

Home page
What are the chances of multi player pente and keryo?
Posted: Mar 14, 2009, 8:47 PM

I may have asked this years ago but thought I would bring it back up. I own the 20th anniversary edition board game of Pente and it comes with 4 different colors of stones and allows for the playing of up to 4 people at one time in the game. The rules even state that you may make a 2 stone capture in Pente and a 3 or 2 stone capture in Keryo of multiple colors. The rules also state that you don't have to capture 10 or 15 stones of one color to win but 10 or 15 of any color. I realize that the programing to allow this option would be time consuming and complex but when I had friends to play the board game with me we had some really great 4 person games that we played. I would love to see that here and have 4 people playing at one time. There could even be some tournaments with 4 persons per game which would be great fun.

You would however I think have to have a separate rating system for 3 person and 4 person Pente and Keryo. Or you could possible just group 3 and 4 person in to the same ratting group separate from standard 2 person. I'll admit that at both Pente and Keryo I am by no means that good a player but in 3 and 4 person games things tend to get equalized a bit. The standard winning patterns don't always hold up which makes for a different strategy set applied then before. A situation in 2 person Pente where your opponent forces you to have to move in one and only one spot can be passed off to one of the other two people who take a turn after you. There is just a different feel to 3 and 4 person games then there is for 2 person games.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: What are the chances of multi player pente and keryo?
Posted: Mar 16, 2009, 2:55 AM

what a good idea. ide love to see a variant involving more than 2 players. i hope to try that one day.
to take a one on one experience and make it a group exerience would be very nice. allthough i could see 2 or 3 people ganging up one one person as a strategic thing with the capture frenzy lol. that would be funny to watch.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
partica

Posted: Mar 19, 2009, 5:40 AM

They used to have multi player on a hungarian site we pente addicts use to frequent. It was awesome. Would love to see it implemented here.

raidengl

Home page
Posted: Mar 21, 2009, 7:01 PM

I just think we could have some really killer games of multi player Pente going on here. Don't know that you could play the computer however. You can get the computer to play itself in 2 player Pente but would it work in 3 or person Pente would be the real test.

richardiii

Posted: Mar 25, 2009, 4:13 PM

YES!!! YES!!!!! YEEEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!

I don't smoke, but I feel like I need a cigarette.

raidengl

Home page
Posted: Mar 25, 2009, 10:38 PM

It's ok richard it will all be just fine, you can calm down now.

Replies: 5   Views: 30,150   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]