Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: More filter options for the database?
Replies: 1   Views: 27,970   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 2, 2008, 8:58 PM by: redsky_iv

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 27,970   Pages: 1  
up2ng

More filter options for the database?
Posted: Oct 2, 2008, 8:04 PM

Hey Dweebo,

I think a thread about this was started long ago, buried somewhere in the General forum, but I thought I'd ask about it again.

Are there any plans to add more filtering options to the database search area? Specifically, it would be nice if there was a little checkbox that said "Include only rated games?".

Filtering based on minimum rating score and a few other features would be useful, but the one mentioned above I think would be a great (and easy?) change. Players sometimes take it upon themselves to Cancel unrated games so that they do not get recorded in the database but this is cumborsome and unreliable.

As an example, I recently checked for games played by richardiii as Player 2 (Oh yeah, and a Player 1 OR Player 2 option would also be useful). So I see, hey, he recently lost a game! Let me check that out and see how that happened. But something struck my mind -- maybe this game was unrated. It's actually very hard to tell anywhere if it was a rated game or not.

I did finally remember that you can hit the little "txt" link and in the header information it tells whether it was a rated game or not -- and guess what? This was an unrated game!

Anyway, you can see how database results would be more reliable with a few extra filtering options like this.

Just a thought. Thanks!

redsky_iv

Home page
Re: More filter options for the database?
Posted: Oct 2, 2008, 8:58 PM

Another good idea would be to incorporate a win/loss option under the p1 or p2 filter......additionally to be able to notate game 1, 2, 3, etc for reference sake when weeding through the games........

Replies: 1   Views: 27,970   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]