Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Bug Report
Replies: 2   Views: 25,890   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 17, 2007, 10:00 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 25,890   Pages: 1  
up2ng

Bug Report
Posted: Sep 13, 2007, 4:54 AM

Dweebo, please check your logs.

At around 10:55 pm tonight, I was in a timed game and had a comfortable 2 minutes left. My computer locked up. My mouse and keyboard would not respond at all, but I did see the timer continue to count down oddly enough. With just under 2 minutes left I hit the power button on my PC and it immediately shut down completely.

When I returned to the site, I learned that I had run out of time. There's something wrong with that.

Just thought you should check it out.

up2ng

Re: Bug Report
Posted: Sep 13, 2007, 6:52 AM

I have another one that is equally bad. When playing a game on a private table, when my opponent lost connection and was booted from the server, then rejoined, he had to be invited back in to continue the game! Can you say, "force resign" anyone?

What's wierd is that I think both bugs reported here used to work properly before -- I think...

dweebo

Home page
Re: Bug Report
Posted: Sep 17, 2007, 10:00 PM

up2ng, I swore I replied to this the next day, but I don't see my reply here. Am I just crazy?

Anyways, I'll try to repost what I said.

What happened is the game ended before the server recognized that you were disconnected. I ended up reducing the "socket timeout" from three minutes to 30 seconds, that should allow the server to recognize that you were disconnected within 30 seconds of you hitting the power button, instead of 3 minutes.

As for the other bug, I think this has always been an issue but I never noticed it. What happens is that you CAN still enter the private table when you are booted, by clicking the "private" text. It just doesn't show the button (but for admins it does so I never noticed the problem). So now I'll show the button to everyone when the table is private. But you can only get in if invited or returning from being dropped.

Thanks for the bug report!
-Peter

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 2   Views: 25,890   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]