Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: pente (and variants) puzzles
Replies: 2   Views: 25,330   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 25, 2005, 2:21 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 25,330   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
pente (and variants) puzzles
Posted: May 20, 2005, 3:48 AM

I think it would be cool to have a way to post game puzzles on site (white to move to win in six moves with best blay by black kind of thing) There have been numerous great ones created by many people over the years, and I'm sure quite a few more would come about if we had something like this. Sometimes they can start from an interesting game position that takes a bit of thought to come up with the winning line. I'm not mentioning this solely because I've been working on making my poof pente puzzle take more moves to win either. I'm sure there are lots of things which will take precedence, but I thought it would be a nice thing to put on the wish list anyway. Thanks for the great job, Dweebo! Tom

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

dweebo

Home page
Re: pente (and variants) puzzles
Posted: May 23, 2005, 3:40 PM

Yes I agree, and have always toyed with the idea of adding support for that sort of thing.

I have a program I played with a while back that would work well with a puzzle, basically it would allow you to setup a position, and then also setup the next moves, and the responses to those moves, etc. until you prove a win. I had other ideas for it, but it would work great for a puzzle I think.

So it would be a more interactive puzzle than we have seen in the past, you could test your ideas and the puzzle would show you how you were wrong (or right).

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
Re: pente (and variants) puzzles
Posted: May 25, 2005, 2:21 AM

cool, that sounds great!

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 2   Views: 25,330   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]