Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Mark Mammel's AI on Android and iPhone
Replies: 5   Views: 31,289   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 26, 2016, 9:08 AM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 31,289   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
Mark Mammel's AI on Android and iPhone
Posted: Jun 15, 2016, 1:35 PM

Mark Mammel's AI (the live AI player) is now also available on the mobile apps. It supports Pente and Keryo-Pente.

I haven't made it available for offline play yet (the apps need to be able to log into pente.org before being able to play), but I will resolve that in the near future.

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Mark Mammel's AI on Android and iPhone
Posted: Jun 20, 2016, 11:15 PM

If I make a opening book file, could you include it for the mm_ai8 when the ai is player 1?

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jun 20, 2016, 11:20 PM

I'm not too familiar with it, but I can give it a try.
I have a hunch that the opening book doesn't discriminate between level or seat.
Do you want to keep it separate from the current opening book?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 26, 2016, 4:44 AM

Well, My opening book would just be designed for P1 strategy. It would not work good as a P2. Whether you restrict it to P1, or put a disclaimer I don't know.

And, yes, for sure my opening book would not work correctly to be mixed with marks opening book.

Perhaps a zk_ai9, which either forces the human to seat 2, or with a notifier explaining that the opening book is only meant for the AI to be seat 1.

facing off my book vs marks book would be interesting.

also, if it also was able to show threats in colors, that would be very cool. meaning, a open 3, or a 4, or potential captures, would be highlighted in different colors. This has been done already by dweebo, in java, in his pente app. Therefore, it is a code that is transferable to the tables, and it is currently open sourced.

~zoey

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Jun 26, 2016, 4:52 AM

I can also make a P2 opening book. But, this would be 100x larger of a book. because, with P1, P1 just needs to have a single route answer to the 12 first possible moves of P2 that have any merit. simple.

But when you are P2,.. your opponent sitting in P1 may not do a single route answer. They could as a human, do a multitude of early P1 opens,.. which requires P2's opening book to be extremely vast in order to answer to such a multitude.

Not sure if that was clear... but I tried my best to explain.

~z

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Jun 26, 2016, 9:08 AM

The threats is a nice feature, but not something for the immediate future. I only reused the AI engine in my code, nothing else from Dweebo's code.

I see what you mean, this would be a very specialized feature and I'd want to integrate it nicely and not clutter the UI/UX, I'll have to think through on how to do that. If generating the openings book requires little time and effort from you, then please go ahead and I'll try to come up with a way to integrate it.

Another thing to consider is that, on the currently most powerful iPhones, difficulty setting 6 is the highest that is playable. I included all 12, but that was overly optimistic on my end. I'm not sure how much more powerful current android phones are, but I don't imagine the gap to be large enough that would show in 2 additional difficulty levels.

Replies: 5   Views: 31,289   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]