Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: New feature: floating vacation days
Replies: 2   Views: 30,159   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 10, 2015, 8:34 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 30,159   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
New feature: floating vacation days
Posted: Sep 13, 2015, 10:37 AM

The vacation days feature was hardly used as it is, so following a suggestion from brf, I changed it to something more convenient.

You get you get 10 floating vacation days each calendar year.
These vacation days are floating so you don't have to do anything, which is perfect for vacation. They are automatically used whenever a game is about to time out, when that happens, and you still have vacation days left, 1 hour is subtracted and timeout of the game that's about to expire is extended by that hour. If adding an hour from your vacation days tumbles you into a weekend day, then the timeout is extended to the end of that weekend day.

You can see how many days and hours you have left in your profile, and a link to purchase additional vacation days is available on the subscription page. These vacation days do not roll over to the following year though.

brf

Home page
Re: New feature: floating vacation days
Posted: Sep 13, 2015, 10:17 PM

wow that was fast! nice work rainwolf. I don't know about everyone else here but I've had at least 10 timeouts at this site. Those mostly from negligence on my part of forgetting to get here in time to make a move, or having inconveniently timed Internet access outages right when I can least afford to have it happen.

Rather than come in after the fact begging and pleading with Rainwolf to reinstate your game why don't you consider subscribing (especially if you've been prone in the past to what I've outlined above) and buy yourself some timeout insurance.

If you play turnbased you really should consider doing this, it's one of the best a s s-saving features you can do to ensure against a wrongful timeout loss. Besides you'd also be doing your part to not muddy up the database with a bunch of useless games that show "wins" that should've been losses or vice versa.

rainwolf

Home page
Re: New feature: floating vacation days
Posted: Dec 10, 2015, 8:34 PM

Starting today, I will make the floating vacation days only gradually available to new players.
New players will get 0 vacation days before finishing their 1st set, 1 day after finishing their 1st and before finishing their 2nd, 2 days after their 2nd and before their 3rd, ...
After 10 set (20 games) they will get access to all their vacation days.

Sometimes we get new players who are, understandably, excited to play and grab a bunch of open invitations, and then, inexplicably, never show up again and let their games timeout. With the floating vacation days this timeout became annoyingly long. Not anymore.

Note that access to the vacation days is calculated on a per game-type basis. Someone with 0 connect6 games has access to 0 vacation days for that game, but if they have played more than 20 pente games, they will have access to all their vacation days for that game.

Replies: 2   Views: 30,159   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]