Home » Forum Home » Development

Topic: Java-less analysis games
Replies: 8   Views: 31,426   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 5, 2015, 2:43 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 8   Views: 31,426   Pages: 1  
rainwolf

Home page
Java-less analysis games
Posted: Sep 5, 2015, 7:11 PM

I'm happy to announce that now the games that are posted to the analysis forum are also Java-free and can be enjoyed in Chrome and on mobile devices.

w00t!

rainwolf

Home page
Re: Java-less analysis games
Posted: Sep 6, 2015, 10:20 AM

Hmm, I wonder if these little announcements belong in "General" so more people can become aware of changes that affect them.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 23, 2015, 5:01 PM

Does anyone want touch-to-zoom functionality in these and the past games?

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2015, 9:16 AM

what is touch to zoom? is that a Iphone/Ipad thing?

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Sep 27, 2015, 10:04 AM

It's a mobile device thing. If you play turn-based in the web browser on your mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android phone/tablet), then the board will zoom when you touch the board for easier viewing and/or stone placement.
(Try it out on your android phone)

This zoom feature is not currently implemented on the past games or the analysis games and hence my question.

katysmom

Posted: Oct 3, 2015, 9:41 PM

Sometimes I think the touch to zoom would be nice when I'm having a fat finger day, but most of the time I can get by without it. =)

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Oct 3, 2015, 11:15 PM

The turn-based boards already have touch-to-zoom (in the web browser on all devices), but I am not sure how a fat finger is a problem in the past games or the analysis games? Those are from the database and don't require to place a stone.
The only thing that touch-to-zoom could be useful for is to get a closer look on smaller devices. But is anyone using those features on smaller devices?

katysmom

Posted: Oct 5, 2015, 2:39 PM

Exactly what I meant. In the analysis games sometimes the navigation is hard on a small device without the touch to zoom, because it's easy to click the wrong thing to look forward or back or such. Touch to zoom helped that immensely, but I still prefer to do so on a larger device, as a smaller device just doesn't do it justice for me.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Oct 5, 2015, 2:43 PM

Alright, I think I'll leave it as it is then. Touch-to-zoom would only zoom the board and not the bar on the right (with the moves and the back/forward buttons). On my phone, the browser will zoom the board when I double-tap it.

Thanks for all the input

Replies: 8   Views: 31,426   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]