Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: how to get a game?
Replies: 6   Views: 29,428   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 6, 2012, 3:32 AM by: louielouie

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 29,428   Pages: 1  
louielouie

how to get a game?
Posted: Dec 31, 2011, 3:41 AM

Hi,
Have been on the site several times. Have played the computer. There are others on the site, but no one ever responds to a chat message. I've invited players to a table, but got declined.

This is getting to be a drag. Any ideas?
Thanks,

jasonb

Home page
Re: how to get a game?
Posted: Dec 31, 2011, 7:27 AM

Hi louielouie,

Perhaps those you invited we're already involved in a game. What works best is to join a table that is already open and say hello. Usually you will be invited to take turns, or just ask. Another approach that works well is to invite someone that is logged into the game room, but not currently playing a game.

Youcan also get several turn based games going if you enjoy that style of play.

alisontate

Posted: Dec 31, 2011, 2:22 PM

Hi louie,

I had that problem too when I first joined pente.org

In addition to Jason's comments, you could try coming along to weekly pente night (See forum thread by that name) which is on every Wednesday 4pm to Midnight NY time. You will find a higher number of players than usual on at that time and hopefully this will increase your chances of getting a game.

Good luck!

louielouie

Posted: Jan 4, 2012, 7:43 PM

Thanks for the tips, Jason.
I'd never have thought of joining a game in progress.

louielouie

Posted: Jan 4, 2012, 7:45 PM

And thank you, too, Alison. I'll check Wed. out (that's today!).

Don't know how I'll do against a human. I've only played the computer. It usually whips me soundly.

xtraclassy

Posted: Jan 5, 2012, 3:45 AM

I see your post had a timestamp of Jan 4, 2012 1:45 PM. If that is New York time, you are more likely to find a pente game against people at flyordie.com. Between about 10:00 AM to about 6:00 PM New York time you are more likely to get a game against a person there where there are often 20 or more players logged in at the same time.

Between 6 and 12 midnight New York Time flyordie becomes a ghost town and your best bet for a game against a real person is pente.org.

Note that you cannot get a game there unless you invite someone or accept an invitation from someone (no computer player there). Note also that there you win only with lines of exactly five or five captures. Lines of 6 or more stones do not win.

Regards,

Enjoy this beautiful game!

louielouie

Posted: Jan 6, 2012, 3:32 AM

thanks for the info, xtra. I tried flyordie but ran into a technical problem. thought it was because I have Mac, but they say "no" so I'll try again.

By the way, I had a very nice session of games with a player at pente.org yesterday.

Replies: 6   Views: 29,428   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]