Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: private tables intruded by players with admin privileges
Replies: 34   Views: 93,167   Pages: 3   Last Post: Dec 6, 2006, 7:27 PM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 34   Views: 93,167   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
dumsquirrl

Re: private tables intruded by players with admin privileges
Posted: Nov 8, 2006, 10:04 PM

Wow.....kinda makes ya pine for the good ol' days of admins who fostered community. In my humble opinion, this should be a no-brainer here. Karlw's admin PRIVELEGE should be revoked.

karlw

Posted: Nov 8, 2006, 10:10 PM

i love you too dum. here you manage the ongoing tournament *hands over metaphorical reins.*

Please everyone who has no understanding of the situation, come and make a post condemning my existence. let it all out.

dumsquirrl

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 2:44 AM

Wow....ok, so now I log into the main room here and Karlw chimes to me that he is "surprised that I have the balls to show my face"......6:33PM GMT, November 8, 2006.....assumedly in response to me airing my opinion regarding his fitness, or lack thereof to responsibly manage an administrative post. As I said before, my opinion is that he is not trustworthy to hold this responsibility, and his ongoing behavior is evidence enough to support my opinion. Dweebo, if you disagree with me on this, then so be it. This is your house and it is your unalienable right to run it how you deem appropriate. Suffice it to say though that I have no intention of logging in to the main room as long as this guy is around, and I would bet a dollar against the hole in a donut that there are others like me who feel the same way.

samwise

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 3:08 AM

First I would like to say i have been on this site for a long time,(not much recently i must say) i know many of the respected players of this game, and i do know what i am talking about.

Karlw: It appears you have made some mistakes, and in some ways abused your admin privileges. My understanding from when partica was first made an admin was that she could help relieve some of the stress that dweebo was under with running the site. i know there were times when he would get flooded with e-mails in times of site outages, some lasting more then 3 days. partica was to help get the site back online if dweebo was unable to. From there i believe an admin is what you make it (maybe this is why dweebo didn’t give you instructions?) partica would go out of her way to help those NEW players understand the rules of the game, how to get a game going, and in many cases give them a game when no one else would.

If you were made an admin to run the tournament, then maybe you should think of your self as a regular Joe when you are doing anything else.

Also insulting everyone who gives you advice of speaks out against you doesn’t help you, be a bigger man and admit your wrongs. If you entered a private room, or booted someone from there own table you are in the wrong, no matter how you try and justify it.

Let him keep his admin status, for now.

Message was edited by: samwise at Nov 8, 2006 9:09 PM
Spelling

karlw

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 5:07 AM

wow squirrl please lighten up. i was kidding.

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 9:50 PM

well said samwise. here are some random thoughts on this discussion.

i am lazy and didn't give karl much instructions. honestly there isn't all that much an admin can do, karl can run the tournament, boot ppl from tables and enter private tables. he can't delete ppl or forum posts. partica can do those things, though she has hardly ever done so to my knowledge.
i never imagined we'd be having this discussion. i didn't know much about karl (and still don't) when i gave him the admin privs. i asked a few ppl for advice about him and no one said anything bad so i let him have it.

in response to screw,brf i agree that if u boot a player they should respect that and leave you alone.

if karl didn't before i sure hope he now has a good idea of what he should and shouldn't do.

i would add though that karl you either don't understand how your comments make you appear to others or DO understand and are hiding behind a thin guise of "oh i was just KIDDING". i'll assume that you just don't understand. if you said to dumsquirrl what he claims, i can understand why he is upset. how is he supposed to take a comment like that? if u were face to face it would be easy to tell if u were kidding or not. but coming from a stranger over the internet i would assume the same thing he did.

one good point that karl keeps making though. he did step up and offer to run the tournament when no one else did after i pretty much offered it to anyone in the forums. it is a really crappy job with very little rewards and i'm glad he is doing it. i'm sure he would be happy if someone else stepped up to the plate and offered to run the next one.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
karlw

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:03 PM

dweebo makes 2 good points:

1) over the internet it is much harder to tell when some one is kidding, and I like to kid around a lot. I wish people wouldn't be so quick to cry foul and maybe consider that I am not attacking them personally.

2) i would appreciate any help i can get on the tournament front. i plan to create a keryo tournament soon, and do not want to do it alone.

i would also like to point out that that was dweebo's 666th post, making it all the more special.

finally, i have made it clear what happened with screw, and admit no fault on that matter.

dumsquirrl

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:08 PM

Ohhhh....I thought that karl COULD tamper with profiles and such.....I stand corrected and am no longer freaked out about logging in. Cheers Everyone

karlw

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:09 PM

Yes, for the umpteenth time, i have -NO- power.

dumsquirrl

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:10 PM

And Yes, its cool of Karl to give his time for the tourneys....

dumsquirrl

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:11 PM

Good grief this is like IM

dumsquirrl

Posted: Nov 9, 2006, 10:14 PM

PS...I lit the super admin beacon....maybe she'll come around sometime soon.....

karlw

Posted: Nov 10, 2006, 12:34 AM

super partica, come to save the day!

spifster

Posted: Nov 10, 2006, 5:33 AM

i haven't seen her in forever... what happened? when/why did she sign up for the tourney? can peter do some investigating into this mysterious disappearance?

fstop

Home page
Posted: Nov 11, 2006, 12:16 AM

I know I am not here on the site as much as others ... but I love this site & love this game .... so I offer my services as for the help with the Keryo tourney....

Replies: 34   Views: 93,167   Pages: 3   [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]