Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Adding file/note to profile
Replies: 2   Views: 27,823   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 15, 2005, 8:20 AM by: smibo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 27,823   Pages: 1  
smibo

Home page
Adding file/note to profile
Posted: Oct 14, 2005, 6:33 AM

Hi Dweebo!

Great site - as a newbie, I feel privileged to be part of the Pente community here.

Tried to upload a picture to my profile, and got a message saying “Changing profile failed: Unknown error, contact Dweebo”. Same thing when I tried to add a note. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Smibo

dweebo

Home page
Re: Adding file/note to profile
Posted: Oct 14, 2005, 3:14 PM

From reading the error logs, it looks like your picture is to large, it must be less than 35kb in size. Also, it looks like you tried to enter an invalid name color (less than length 6), and my code didn't catch that (just fixed the code to provide error message).

Try clicking the color wheel and make sure it updates the text field with 6 characters. Then try doing things one at a time (add a note, then next time upload picture).

If you still can't get it let me know,
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
smibo

Home page
Re: Adding file/note to profile
Posted: Oct 15, 2005, 8:20 AM

Works great now - must've been the (5 digit) color thing. The first image i tried was too large, and the error message told me as much. After that even a note w/o image was rejected w/ that "unknown error" thing, as was a 17k picture w/o note. After picking a different color (one w/ 6 digits) everything worked like a charm.

And, just in case anyone reading hasn't already noticed, DWEEBO ROCKS!!!!

Replies: 2   Views: 27,823   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]