Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Can't save preference settings
Replies: 6   Views: 31,752   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 17, 2014, 1:34 PM by: rainwolf

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 31,752   Pages: 1  
cfisch

Can't save preference settings
Posted: Dec 30, 2013, 7:27 PM

specifically: attempts to save profile/preference changes (i.e. page refresh freq) - generates java exceptions

maybe something in my java browser configs?

fiveinarow

Re: Can't save preference settings
Posted: Dec 31, 2013, 2:21 AM

I have the same issue, have since I started using this site, but kinda forget about it until I am expecting a response of some kind and try to shorten the refresh time. Sounds like the same result: a page of red script which does not alter the refresh rate. Never has been a major issue, other than the random times I am expecting an immediate response to a message.

cfisch

Posted: Dec 31, 2013, 5:04 AM

i'm new here so thought pref changes might be reserved for donating members -- so i donated. -- but that didn't help.

~ and as far as i can tell..my donation didn't change my status in any other way either. -- hmmm.

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Dec 31, 2013, 9:12 AM

Hi cfish,

I did receive a donation a couple of days ago without a username in that message, so I emailed the donor (to his paypal address) about it but have yet to receive a reply.
If that is you, please send me a pm to resolve this.

I may have an idea about the preference page, and will get back to you on that.

cfisch

Posted: Dec 31, 2013, 4:14 PM

Thanks rainwolf -- fyi, i've gone back and completely uninstalled/reinstalled the latest java version on 2 different machines - but the same problem exists.

I can capture the stack trace code which shows up and post it here if that might help. -- (this seems to involve java null-pointer errors)

btw: I don't see any message from you on my PayPal email address. (??) -- I'll PM you about the transaction info.

Thanks very much!

cheers

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Dec 31, 2013, 4:52 PM

Hey cfisch,
perhaps my message ended up in the spam folder.
Feel free to email me the (red) output you get when you try to save the preferences. I can be reached at rainwolf at submanifold.be

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Mar 17, 2014, 1:34 PM

Saving preferences should now (finally) be fixed for everybody, if not, pm me or report it here and I'll dig deeper.

Replies: 6   Views: 31,752   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]