Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Database bug?
Replies: 2   Views: 25,807   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jun 2, 2004, 3:28 PM by: mmammel

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 25,807   Pages: 1  
thad

Home page
Database bug?
Posted: May 26, 2004, 7:52 PM

I was looking at a position in the db. The position was 1. K10 O9 2. F10 M9 3. H10... When I search from there, I only get a blank screen. I tried it with two different browsers and I also tried a rotated variation of the sequence, all with the same result. Is this a bug in the db? Does anyone else have this problem? Is it only with this sequence?

Thad

dweebo

Home page
Re: Database bug?
Posted: May 26, 2004, 9:52 PM

I've noticed weird things like that every once in awhile, always for certain positions.

I haven't had time to figure out the cause, rotating won't make any difference because the db always returns the same results for any rotation/mirroring (by design).

Pente Rocks!
mmammel

Home page
Re: Database bug?
Posted: Jun 2, 2004, 3:28 PM

Thanks for the notice, yes there is a problem there...I will check out that position with the code I wrote to see if my part is producing a bug. I know that there ARE some problems with my hash code that are different than what you describe : in some situations it will display some games that are not true matches to the position because the matching by hashes is not strict enough. We plan to increase the strictness so that will not happen.
But anyway, I'll see if I can figure out what happens in your position...
-Mark

Replies: 2   Views: 25,807   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]