Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Monster Pente
Replies: 1   Views: 25,059   Pages: 1   Last Post: May 18, 2004, 1:26 PM by: emerald

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 25,059   Pages: 1  
yttrium

Monster Pente
Posted: May 13, 2004, 7:00 PM

This is a variation that is so obvious that I would be surprised if it hadn't been tried before. But just in case here it is: Start just like normal, when someone wins, mark it down as one point. Then leave the board as is and continue playing. As soon as someone gets five in a row or captures five pairs they get one point. As soon as you get five pairs, mark it as a win and give the stones back, you don't need them any more. Once the board is *completely* filled the game is over and the winner is the player with the most points. I have not had a chance to play test this version but it looks like it would play more like a game of go - hours and hours - instead of fast and furious.

emerald

Home page
Re: Monster Pente
Posted: May 18, 2004, 1:26 PM

I played something like that. Basically captures did not count at all, and 5 pentes were required to win....if you had one that was killed by captures it still counted....only 1 stone could be used by two pentes at the same time. It was fun.

Replies: 1   Views: 25,059   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]