Home » Forum Home » Help

Topic: Stones not dropping
Replies: 5   Views: 24,783   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 4, 2004, 7:49 PM by: up2ng

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 24,783   Pages: 1  
mshannonc

Stones not dropping
Posted: Dec 9, 2003, 5:33 PM

When I play the computer and I make the first move, the computer makes the 2nd but then my next move will not take. I drop and click and nothing happens -- the stone keeps moving with my curser. I even tried double clicking -- any idea what is causing this or what the solution may be? Thanks.

dweebo

Home page
Re: Stones not dropping
Posted: Dec 9, 2003, 6:46 PM

Interesting, you found a minor bug.

When you play the computer you must play with the tournament rule. The tournament rule is documented in other places on the site but basically player 1's 2nd move must be greater than 2 grids from the center (outside or on the box outlined by the smaller circles on the game board).

So probably you're trying to make a move inside that box which violates the tournament rule. Just follow the tournament rule and the game will continue.

The bug is that when you play a rated game against another player (rated == use tournament rule) then the board will not give you the option to play on grids that violate the tournament rule. So I'll have to fix that sometime.

Hope that all makes sense.
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
up2ng

Posted: Dec 11, 2003, 6:07 AM

I just wanted to point out that this does occasionally happen as one of those fluke happenstances, sort of along the same lines as getting booted/disconnected from the server and freezing up/crashing the computer. Sometimes, this is accompanied with the phenomenon of typing away into the chat box, but pressing return does not result in displaying the contents of your chat box. Usually, this particular problem can be solved by simply killing your table window and rejoining that table, rejoining your game. Or, closing all DSG related windows and logging back in and rejoining your game works most of the time also. Last resort, closing all windows and rebooting seems to be a cure-all for this and many of these types of problems.

UP2NG

thad

Home page
Posted: Dec 11, 2003, 8:32 PM

dweebo,

I also believe there is another tiny bug you might want to know about. If you are playing against the computer and request an undo after your first move as player 2, the computer will play without the tournament rule. Personally, I like being able to play the computer without the tournament rule occasionally, so maybe you'll put this item low on your list of bug fixes.

Thad

paco12348

Posted: Dec 3, 2004, 5:28 AM

I can't get the first stone to drop. Everything is set to go but the first stone does not want to hit the board.

up2ng

Posted: Dec 4, 2004, 7:49 PM

Hi paco. There are a few steps you must take in order to set up and start a game with the computer opponents.

1) First, from the lobby window, click "Create New Table" to bring up a game room.

2) Next, click the "Invite" button.

3) Under the Invite Computer section of the dialog box, select your choices for opponent level and seat, and click "Invite" under these selections. You should see your opponent's name in the upper right corner over the column of the appropriate seat.

4) Next, you must click the "Sit1" or "Sit2" button to put yourself into the other seat -- you should see your name in the other column in the upper right corner.

5) Finally, to start the stones dropping, you must click the "Play" button in the upper left corner. The first move will be played to K10 automatically and you can proceed from there by clicking your moves onto the game board.

Hope you are not too discouraged to come back and try again -- it's a lot of fun once you get started!

Replies: 5   Views: 24,783   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]