Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: Article in Abstract Games Magazine
Replies: 3   Views: 31,669   Pages: 1   Last Post: Oct 26, 2008, 11:08 PM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 31,669   Pages: 1  
mmammel

Home page
Article in Abstract Games Magazine
Posted: Nov 1, 2002, 11:07 PM

Gary (progambler) and I have an article on Pente published in the current issue of Abstract Games Magazine. We annotate a great game from the 2000 PBEM Email final round. The article is titled "A Beautiful Move in Pente" (part of a series of Beautiful Move in ___ articles). It is the first Pente article to run in that magazine (or any other magazine?). If you are interested, you can get ordering and subscription information at:
http://www.abstractgamesmagazine.com
The magazine is very worthwhile (even for non-Pente articles

-Mark

progambler

Re: Article in Abstract Games Magazine
Posted: Nov 4, 2002, 6:52 AM

To all -

Although I put in my 2 cents worth on analyzing the positions, Mark not only did his own analysis, but formatted it VERY nicely with diagrams, put in the rules of the game, formatted a little about us, contacted the publisher, and did all of the follow-up to make sure that the article got published. The article is really cool!

Cudos to Mark for another job WELL done!

Gary

watsu

Home page
Posted: Oct 25, 2008, 6:18 AM

Mark, any chance this article is still around somewhere? I can't find it through the link or a title search so far...

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Oct 26, 2008, 11:08 PM

its the winter 2002 issue #12 and you must pay money to see it, and im not sure they will let u see the old issue.

http://www.abstractgamesmagazine.com/magazine12.html

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
Replies: 3   Views: 31,669   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]