Home » Forum Home » Analysis

Topic: Pente Videos
Replies: 6   Views: 36,609   Pages: 1   Last Post: Mar 30, 2010, 3:25 AM by: zoeyk

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 6   Views: 36,609   Pages: 1  
zoeyk

Home page
Pente Videos
Posted: Feb 1, 2010, 7:06 AM

coming soon

Video of M10 solution temporarily removed pending completion of a certain pente tourney that is using the opening.

Message was edited by: zoeyk at Feb 1, 2010 1:06 AM

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare

zoeyk

Home page
Re: Pente Videos
Posted: Feb 10, 2010, 2:04 AM

well the cats outa the bag prematurely. oh well, novatis pulled the M10 on me in a rated set so the solution has reached the data base. thus now i'll show the solution video. enjoy.

Scire hostis animum - Intelligere ludum - Nosce te ipsum - Prima moventur conciliat - Nolite errare
zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 10, 2010, 11:30 PM

it has been brought to my attention that P1's G13 move on the ninth move is superfluous and thus not needed in the same sequence shown for P1 to have sure win. I have looked at this a bit and im pretty sure its true. but either way all of the moves shown here by P1 are sure win moves using G13 on 9th.

if P1 makes different moves, or does same moves but for example; takes a capture in a different timing, P2 will have sure win. in this opening, once P1 has committed to using the L7 3rd, P1 is bottle necked into this strict sequenced line. G13 is the only flexibility for P1 that has been found.

there is a early move choice juncture for P1 on the 6th, where P1 must decide how to block the split 3. if P1 goes M9 then P2 will have sure win, by using a creative novelty move that i discovered, that is not yet published in the data base.

I give full credit of the P2 opening to Novatis.

they are very creative and strong novelty moves he found.

karlw

Posted: Feb 11, 2010, 5:55 AM

zoey, i'm very impressed with the video, but i'm worried that now it's gonna look like i got the solution from you when in fact i came to it independently. :P

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Feb 11, 2010, 7:12 AM

i agree, but once novatis pulled the P2 line again with me rated, the line here was destined to hit the data base, thus the same problem of people thinking that, was there before i posted this.

karlw

Posted: Feb 12, 2010, 4:17 AM

you have a point.

zoeyk

Home page
Posted: Mar 30, 2010, 3:25 AM

i would like to add to this thread that, FYI whites 3rd is sure loss, by way of a different P2 novelty line that is all force moves after the 3rd of P1. i won't say what novelty line it is tho... to find out use the P1 3rd vs me rated
i promise you will lose.

Replies: 6   Views: 36,609   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]