Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: dufus elimination
Replies: 3   Views: 26,928   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 14, 2003, 8:27 PM by: progambler

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 26,928   Pages: 1  
jimgarret

dufus elimination
Posted: Jan 8, 2003, 7:12 AM

Reading this forum I quickly figured out that dufus has been eliminated from the tournament. I am not sure what the reasons for this are but I am quite surprised. I am relatively new to this site and to the game of pente. After learning the basic rules of pente at IYT, I stumbled on this site last September with about 6 whole games under my belt. The first person I ran in to at DSG was dufus. He immediately made me feel comfortable and taught me how the site worked and took time to explain some fundamental strategies to me. That was all it took for me to become hooked on this game and this wonderful site. I began playing every day and studying the game, frequently being encouraged by dufus and other great people I have met here. As I became a regular on this site, one thing I observed was that I was not the only one dufus was influencing in becoming both pente lovers and loyal fans of this site. I have observed dufus constantly going out of his way to help people and to give them encouragement and tips in the game. In the five months I have been playing here, I can truly say that dufus has done more to promote new players to this site than anyone else. Whatever the reasons were for eliminating dufus from the tournament, I hope they were directly related to tournament play, and that all the qualities of this mentor of many were appropriately weighed in reaching this decision. If not, I trust you will do the right thing!

jayhawklov

Re: dufus elimination
Posted: Jan 8, 2003, 7:56 AM

Dear powers of this site. We joined dweebos to enjoy and to progress the game of pente to people from around the world. You have done this to the point of having the top 100 players in the world playing here most of the time. This is the world series of pente and its not fair to take away our chances to play one of the top 10 players that we would love to beat if we had the chance in Dweebos National Pente Tourney. We would all like you to reconsider and give dufus a second chance at this tourney. We all get second chances in life lets have fun and enjoy pente for what it was invented for (A GAME)

Thanks for hearing me out Jayhawklov

littlebug

Posted: Jan 8, 2003, 8:48 AM

Great points here jim they should realise he is a good player and this is not right i say let him play....and jay i agree everyone deserves a second chance and i think he would have a chance against one of the top ten in here,........ lets all have fun and play pente

progambler

Posted: Jan 14, 2003, 8:27 PM

Jim and Jay -

Thank you for the thoughtful posts about Dufus. We are very much aware of how great and helpful he has been with new players on the site, which is why we overlooked his questionable activities up until the latest one towards the end of sign-up for the tourney. It's also part of the reason that he will be allowed to play in future tournaments. See the long and detailed recent post about our reasons for eliminating him.

I do want to say to everyone that if there had been a chance that we would re-instate him, it is these kinds of posts from Jim and Jay that would have the best chance of accomplishing just that. Presenting things in a logical and informational format such as this as opposed to responding in an emotional manner is a much better way to go.

Gary

Replies: 3   Views: 26,928   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]