Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: tourney rules
Replies: 1   Views: 25,792   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 11, 2002, 4:20 AM by: dmitriking

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 25,792   Pages: 1  
dufus

tourney rules
Posted: Dec 11, 2002, 12:31 AM

just putting my 2 cents in about the new time rules. i think your taking the presurre out of real time pente. in just one year weve moved the time up by 100% on reg games and 400% on the speed games. at this rate well be playing email in another year or two. the time constraints is what makes realtime pente harder and for me more enjoyable.
thx da dufus

dmitriking

Re: tourney rules
Posted: Dec 11, 2002, 4:20 AM

DUfus-you addressed the fact that hte time limits were increased, and this is true. But, the old time limits were just too short for a game that often takes in excess of 20 moves. To say we are moving away from real time games is an absurd exaggeration. The PBeM games have a 90 DAY limit, which emans they can take 6 months.

As for the speed games--no one has increased the time for speed games by anything. IT was decided that speed games should not be used to decide tournament matches, so they were done away with, especially since almost everyone opted not to use them anyway in tournament 3.

So instead, the time limits for the 7th + games of a match were simply made to be shorter than the first 6, but that doesn't mean they are speed games.

Again, as people have noted, the time limits for the pente games are consistent with other similar games.

Real time pente is about making moves in your head, without analyzing on a board; it's not about having to rush to make moves in a frantic hurry.

-Dmitri

Replies: 1   Views: 25,792   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]