Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: Congratulations pente_man! Seventh Heaven winner.
Replies: 0   Views: 33,359   Pages: 1  

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
up2ng

Congratulations pente_man! Seventh Heaven winner.
Posted: Mar 24, 2010, 6:46 AM

I just wanted to point out that the Seventh Heaven tournament is now over and pente_man is the big winner! Congratulations. This tournament ran less than 6 weeks from start to finish.

I apologize to the players that I could not make it to most of the playing sessions. So, things had to run pretty much unmonitored, which was not what was adverized. Things always seemed to come up for me at around that time and it just didn't work out very well for me.

Unfortunately this shows me that I cannot run similar tournaments to this one in the near future. So, the search continues to figure out a way to get tournaments going here on a more regular basis AND have them finish up in a reasonable amount of time.

If something could be automated to enforce the tournament check-in and playing times each week and to automatically assign forfeits to players who forgot to show up or who deliberately avoided playing, then many tournaments like this could be run without the director always having to be present during the playing times. But, I don't see anything like that being developed any time soon. Plus, specific time slot tournaments are not good for everyone, as evident by the low number of signups for this event. It's one way of making sure tournaments wrap up very quickly but if that time slot doesn't work for players then they won't sign up. So, that should NOT be the only type of tournaments run here anyway, just one option. More traditional, open ended tournaments should continue to happen here IF we can find some way to force the action and get things finished up in a reasonable amount of time -- basically figure out a way to assign forfeits fairly.

Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]