Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: Live tournaments
Replies: 1   Views: 31,099   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 5, 2006, 10:43 PM by: karlw

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 31,099   Pages: 1  
homebrew

Live tournaments
Posted: Nov 5, 2006, 1:09 PM

Hey all,

Thought I'd bring up an old topic. I've been involved in a few live tournaments over the past few years and they've been a blast. Always good fun to meet and play live with the online buddies. I've been kicking around the idea of hosting 2 live tournaments every year at the same time. For the past 4 years, I've hosted at my house a live tourney. I'm going to continue that tradition this year and host my fifth. As many of you know, I teach and have introduced pente to many of my students over the past few years. My tourney has generally had a pretty nice mix of students, ex-students, and out of town pente guests. Photos of the second and third tourney can be viewed at jumpin721's website: us.geocities.com-jimfoers@swbell.net
I'll be making a posting hear soon announcing the Jan. 6 tourney.

Last year we also had in honor of our pente buddy Bodo Konze a memorial tourney in Austin. A young friend of his graciously found a location for us to play and that went well. Folks from as far away as California, Georgia, and Virginia joined the Texans to get some pente in. I'd like to revive that tourney for the first weekend in June and make it an annual Bodo Konze Memorial Tourney. Joe Sequino of Winning Moves and Dweebo helped out with the prizes last time. The photos from that tourney can also be seen at jumpin721's website.

I know that everyone is busy with their lives but I wanted to throw out the idea of putting on the schedule two live tourneys every year to be held at the same time every year so as to make it easier for people to put into their schedule and hopefully make at least one. I can do most of the legwork in organizing.

Any thoughts anyone?

karlw

Re: Live tournaments
Posted: Nov 5, 2006, 10:43 PM

transportation might be an issue for me.

Replies: 1   Views: 31,099   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]