Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: homebrew's tourney
Replies: 3   Views: 32,484   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 28, 2004, 1:27 PM by: homebrew

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 32,484   Pages: 1  
homebrew

homebrew's tourney
Posted: Nov 26, 2004, 2:32 PM

Hey all,

If anyone is in the neighborhood, come by for some pente and beer! This is the announcement posted on jumpin721's site.

Tourney announcement

The third annual Heart of Texas (H.O.T.) Pente tournament in Brady, TX has been scheduled for December 18, 2004. Registration will begin at Noon and play will start at 1:00 p.m. Entry fee is $1 (yes, the tourney is mostly for fun and getting to visit with fellow pente players) and winner take all. For the past two years, the format has been double-elimination, matches over when one player takes a two-game advantage. If the match reaches 3-3, a coin flip decides who is player one for a sudden death game (tourney rules when better players going head to head). If however, this year, enough intermediate/advanced players show, we may have an A & B bracket with the A bracket playing tourney rules and the B bracket playing standard rules.

Among the luminaries expected to attend are defending champion Jumpin721 who will once again be trying to win the prestigious homebrewed beer that goes to the winner; 2-time runner-up homebrew/wow-u (me) who will be attempting to finally win my own tournament; Laconic-2002 champ and 2003 3rd place; ctally127-3rd in 2002 and 4th in 2004 who will be attempting to realize his lifelong dream of finally besting homebrew in a live tourney (I'm afraid this year, student may surpass teacher ; easywin who will be defending her most talkative award from 2003 (you know we love you Deb!) texasgirl (top female in 2003) and many others. Possibilities include galeenster, partica, pyloric valve/cicerolove, bigrick, trazoc, woggie and hopefully many others as well.

And just in case we have any foreign guests (anyone who rides an airplane to TX) we have guests coming from San Antonio, Houston, and Dallas and will do our best to get you a ride to and from the airport.

Last year was a blast (you can see the pictures on jumpin721's website http://geocities.com/jimfoers@swbell.net/ with 20 players in attendance. With any luck, we should get more players this year and cordially invite anyone who wants to come. Anyone wishing to attend can contact me at the following e-mail address: crsc@centex.net
Hope to see ya there!

Rex (aka homebrew/wow-u)

Message was edited by: homebrew at Nov 28, 2004 7:24 AM

homebrew

Re: homebrew's tourney
Posted: Nov 26, 2004, 2:37 PM

Hmm,

Link to Jim's website doesn't appear to be working but if you type the website in, it will take you there.

partica

Posted: Nov 28, 2004, 2:35 AM

If you would remove that parentheses from the end of it I am sure it would work then!

http://geocities.com/jimfoers@swbell.net/

homebrew

Posted: Nov 28, 2004, 1:27 PM

Thanks partica, you're a genius! Or I'm an idiot. Either way, it's working now.

Replies: 3   Views: 32,484   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]