Home » Forum Home » Tournaments » Tournaments - General

Topic: East Coast Live Tournament in May
Replies: 7   Views: 31,210   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 16, 2004, 9:47 PM by: dmitriking

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 31,210   Pages: 1  
mmammel

Home page
East Coast Live Tournament in May
Posted: Apr 1, 2004, 11:19 PM

Play in a live tournament in Baltimore!!

There will be a live round robin Pente tournament in Baltimore around the middle of May (the exact date is not yet set). So far we only have 7 people: dmitriking, up2ng, cicerolove, dweebo, mmammel, mike321, and kevin. We need some more people -- I am sure there are a LOT more people around on the East Coast. But the tourn is not limited to people from the East Coast -- Greg is coming all the way from Texas!

A live tournament is a fantastic opportunity to meet some of the top players and personalities face to face. So make a commitment to support the live Pente community and join us for fun over real boards.

Go to WPPF site (tourney section) to sign up (now):
http://www.playpente.com

See ya there!
Mark

up2ng

Re: East Coast Live Tournament in May
Posted: Apr 9, 2004, 2:03 AM

Wohoo! Good to see an official announcement about the East Coast tournament. Looks like there's enough interest at this point that the event will definitely occur, and I'm very excited about attending.

This is a great chance for players of all abilities to participate in a wonderful live event with players from all over the region. I'm excited that this site's creator, "Dweebo", will be attending as well as the US/Canada champion Dmitri King, and many other extremely skilled players as well as casual players.

For all those players in the mid-atlantic that would be interested meeting some other DSG players and playing the real thing with a real board and stones but who have felt it would be too expensive to trek out to Las Vegas for the big US/Canada event, this is your chance!! If you live in New York City, Philidelphia, Pittsburg, Baltimore, Washington DC, Richmond or anywhere in New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia or Pennsylvania, there's no excuse because it's an easy drive from there!! Folks will be travelling from much farther away than that and events like this are quite rare so I hope everyone will consider it.

One other point: The sign up list at the WPPF site, www.playpente.com is NOT a committment! Putting your name on that list just shows that you have some interest in attending, which helps the event planners and tournament directors make some plans in advance to accomadate the estimated number of participants. So if you are someone who's not sure, go sign up! There's nothing to lose! I'm not sure if signups are mandatory or if there's a deadline, so don't miss out and go sign up!

thad

Home page
Posted: Apr 12, 2004, 10:49 AM

Pittsburgh.

mmammel

Home page
Posted: Apr 12, 2004, 3:33 PM

Philadelphia

partica

Posted: Apr 13, 2004, 2:17 AM

Philadelphia

dmitriking

Posted: Apr 16, 2004, 7:49 PM

I am announcing the postponement of the east coast tournament until the fall. This was unavoidable for various reasons. In the meantime, let's continue to get people interested and increase the signups.

WHY are people making posts with a city name? Am I missing something? Are these places people want to have the tournament? I don't care if it is in philly, but that would be most inconvenient for mark, dweebo, and up2ng, all of whom live in lower maryland or virginia.

mmammel

Home page
Posted: Apr 16, 2004, 8:53 PM

Thad responded 'Pittsburgh' to point out your misspelling of the city. I similarly responded with the correct spelling of Philadelphia.. sorry just being picky

dmitriking

Posted: Apr 16, 2004, 9:47 PM

ah, I see. of course, that would be Dean's misspellings, not mine.

Replies: 7   Views: 31,210   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]