Home » Forum Home » Completed » Pente - Fall 2006 Open

Topic: The Final Round
Replies: 1   Views: 26,562   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 15, 2006, 3:12 PM by: dweebo

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 26,562   Pages: 1  
karlw

The Final Round
Posted: Dec 14, 2006, 10:56 PM

This hasn't been set in stone yet, but since there are potentially many ties to take into account for advancing to round 5, this is how I plan to see things go:

If FIVE people advance:

Round 5 is a single section of 5 people, with the top 2 advancing to the championship round, unless there are ties for 2nd, in which case those do a round robin until we get 2 clear top players.

If SIX people advance:

Same thing, except with a section of 6. If we have 2 sections of 3, the groupings will be exactly the same as the previous round, which we do not want to see.

Good luck remaining players. Here's hoping to see an all-american championship!

dweebo

Home page
Re: The Final Round
Posted: Dec 15, 2006, 3:12 PM

Actually if six people advance then it will be everyone from round 4 minus jozso. So the next round would not be exactly the same, aaru would be in the section with rich and gnoza. jenny would move down with karl and 7. Pretty sure that is how it would work out.

But it does seem sort of silly, especially since alot of repeat matches have already occurred. I wouldn't mind if we do a six person round but you might have to make the round time more than 2 weeks since that is 10 games you will all have to play!

If jenny and gnoza get their match in before i make the code change, then the next round will be created (with 2 rounds of 3), so if that happens just ignore it and i'll fix it.
-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
Replies: 1   Views: 26,562   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]