Home » Forum Home » Turn-based

Topic: D-Pente bugs
Replies: 3   Views: 15,880   Pages: 1   Last Post: Sep 10, 2005, 10:02 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 3   Views: 15,880   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
D-Pente bugs
Posted: Aug 15, 2005, 5:31 AM

Currently what happens in D-pente is this: all 4 of the first 4 stones show up as white while they are hovering, but P2 stones land as black, p1 as white. Players alternate making the first four moves, not one player making all 4 (this could be worked around by agreement, but would be a bit of a hassle, involving msgs, etc). There is no swap seats button currently, so no way for play to continue beyond the first four stones. I'd like to be able to cancel current "games" in progress on these, as they were more a cooperative experiment in seeing how things work than an actual game. As i mentioned in the TODO thread, I think the possibility to cancel games (by agreement at least and/or at least for the first few moves) would be a good feature to have in turn based in general.

Message was edited by: watsu at Aug 15, 2005 1:39 AM

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

dweebo

Home page
Re: D-Pente bugs
Posted: Aug 15, 2005, 3:18 PM

Do you mean D-Pente turn-based?
Yeah, you shouldn't be able to start a D-Pente game yet, that is a bug. Adding support for D-Pente is on my TODO.

Also, cancelling games is another one for the TODO that I haven't added yet.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dweebo

Home page
Re: D-Pente bugs
Posted: Aug 15, 2005, 9:37 PM

watsu, I removed all your D-Pente games. Since it won't work no sense in confusing anyone else just yet

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
watsu

Home page
a difficulty in one of my D-pente games
Posted: Sep 10, 2005, 10:02 AM

I'm not sure whether this is arising because there was no swap or what, but in one of my games (against KMBailey) I'm unable to play my 3rd stone (5th stone total). The others worked fine, so i think it may be the lack of a swap causing the problem.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 3   Views: 15,880   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]