Home » Forum Home » Completed » Pente - March 2005 Open

Topic: Tournament Postponement Requested
Replies: 7   Views: 15,350   Pages: 1   Last Post: Apr 12, 2005, 9:29 PM by: homebrew

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 7   Views: 15,350   Pages: 1  
up2ng

Tournament Postponement Requested
Posted: Apr 10, 2005, 10:47 PM

Dweebo:

I'd like to ask you to postpone Round 3 of this tournament. It is unlikely that I'll be able to get my games completed in the near future.

It is frustrating to me because I was available and checked in several times last weekend AND this weekend, AND posted this in the forum a while back and got NO response from either of my opponents. I have been in the lobby on at least two occasions with both of my opponents and every time, they have been unwilling to play when I have asked.

Now, I will have to wait until May to play my matches. This is beyond the current 2-week time frame for the round to be completed so my first choice is to ask for an extention.

If you do not want to grant an extention, I request that I win both of my matches -- and thus, the tournament -- by forfeit. In fact, according to the tournament rules, this is the proper action -- but I can understand that it would be anti-climatic, so I will settle for a long postponement , to be restarted at a time of my convenience.

I understand that playing against me is a scary thing, but it is frustrating when my opponents actually avoid it in a tournament.

richardiii

Re: Tournament Postponement Requested
Posted: Apr 10, 2005, 10:56 PM

Them's fighten words!

As i had told you last weekend, i wanted to play this weekend, but I have been working overtime most all of this weekend. My time right now is very limited, but I will posibly be available late tonight. If we can't hook up and you are going to be out as u said for 3 weeks, we need to postpone until u return. I am ok with any postponement necessary.

If you think I’m going to forfeit, there is a Judas Priest song I have in mind for you to listen to real loud!

}8¬Þ

dweebo

Home page
Posted: Apr 11, 2005, 2:48 PM

Well that is too bad that we have to postpone, but thats ok with me. The site won't end the tournament automatically, it will stay going until all games are complete.

It doesn't mean I will delay starting any future tournaments and it only affects you three players, so just get your games in when you can.

-dweebo

Pente Rocks!
dmitriking

Posted: Apr 12, 2005, 12:42 AM

I didn't do a good job of communicating with my opponents. Everything up2ng said is accurate, so His request for a postponement should be granted. We will resume the tournament at a time convenient to all. My apologies for my inaction on this matter; I have no legitimate excuse so I kindly ask that I not be forfeited.

homebrew

Posted: Apr 12, 2005, 3:03 PM

OK Rich,

Judas Priest was the first band I ever saw in concert and I've seen them twice but you have me stumped on your song. "Hell Bent for Leather", "The Ripper", "Livin After Midnight", etc. but I can't figure out which song you're talking about?

up2ng

Posted: Apr 12, 2005, 8:13 PM

Hi all,

Obviously I don't want anyone to forfeit. That would be retarded. I was a little frustrated and mostly didn't want myself to be penalized for missing the next 3 weeks after being available for the last 2.

My obligations might have changed and there's a possibility that I might be available this weekend. I'll let you guys know for sure when I know for sure and hopefully we can all work out our busy schedules. Looking forward to some good matches.

richardiii

Posted: Apr 12, 2005, 9:25 PM

Oh come on, Brew.

"You Got Another Thing(Think) Comin"

homebrew

Posted: Apr 12, 2005, 9:29 PM

LOL Thanks for unclogging my brainlock

Replies: 7   Views: 15,350   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]