Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Great example games of keryo complexity compared to Pente?
Replies: 2   Views: 8,455   Pages: 1   Last Post: Jan 8, 2023, 1:51 AM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 2   Views: 8,455   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Great example games of keryo complexity compared to Pente?
Posted: Jan 4, 2023, 10:59 AM

I'm in the process of finishing an article on Pente variants for Abstract Games magazines and plan to include examples of Boat, Poof and Keryo games which illustrate how those variants can lead to more complex positions, sequences or games than are typically found in Pente. Boat and Poof I'm familiar enough with to have game examples for, but not keryo, since I don't play it much. The game itself doesn't have to be extremely complex, provided it has an example of the keryo rule adding complexity to a position vs. a Pente position. Please, just keryo games, though (no DK examples). Here are the current keryo games which I'm looking at, due to their length, player ratings and being TB tournament games:

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat

karlw

Re: Great example games of keryo complexity compared to Pente?
Posted: Jan 8, 2023, 12:16 AM

watsu

Home page
Re: Great example games of keryo complexity compared to Pente?
Posted: Jan 8, 2023, 1:51 AM

Great game, thanks Karl! I sent the s3v3n happyjuggler game, but didn't have much to say about it beyond the fact that I personally didn't see a win in under 30 moves for P1. If you have some comments on moves, etc. regarding what this particular keryo game shows in terms of increased complexity over Pente games, I'd be happy to credit you in the article and use it instead.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
Replies: 2   Views: 8,455   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]