Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: live play and players
Replies: 10   Views: 9,212   Pages: 1   Last Post: Dec 15, 2022, 5:10 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 10   Views: 9,212   Pages: 1  
secshun8

Home page
live play and players
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 6:26 AM

what's with the lack of live play? was hoping this site had some players. looks like a bunch of peeps who need a week to determine a bad move. what's with the ego here? never encountered it before. great site. questionable players.

Literature and Philosophy instructor. Cop watcher. Treasure hunter. Writer. Constitutionalist.

karlw

Re: live play and players
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 9:25 AM

what time works for you?

nedhall17

Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 1:35 PM

don't know if it's ego or just lack of coordination. maybe it would be good for some of us to commit to being in the live room at certain set days/times??

watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 2:49 PM

I check in to the live game room most evenings and will play unrated games most of those check ins with anyone around (usually not many). Rated sets are a bit more to ask, but I can sometimes get enough sleep for those too.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
secshun8

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 3:00 PM

Reading my post sober and with a reasonably clear head, I admit what I said was in poor taste and lacks the decorum I would have preferred. When I first began playing here in 2005 (perhaps earlier) as Tragedy and under the tutelage of RichardIII, it was the live play that set this site apart from other burgeoning sites. It was fun. It was fantastic. Rooms were packed - literally. People talked. Knew each other's real names. They even said things like 'Good Luck' to me before jumping into a speed tourney with Partica and Up2ng. Groups of us would sit in a room and watch quietly while Richard battled DmitriKing or Nosovs. It was something you'd hardly even believe. In short, it was a fun way to spend a couple hours on Friday night with friends. But before this turns into an essay and before anyone takes this as childish reminiscing about the glory of pente days gone by, let me just say this.
The site could use some updates and changes. But what it really needs is more players and a community that makes everyone feel welcome and want to stay with the site, pay for the site, and expand the site. Bring back the fire and intensity it once had.

Literature and Philosophy instructor. Cop watcher. Treasure hunter. Writer. Constitutionalist.
watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 3:06 PM

Unfortunately, live games are at a low ebb in comparison to those days. Hopefully (with some site adjustments, such as ratings, variants and tournaments) those days of packed rooms may return here.

Retired from TB Pente, but still playing live games & exploring variants like D, poof and boat
secshun8

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 3:11 PM

9 pm Central time. I'll put it on my calendar.

watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 3:17 PM

I'll be here as many nights as I can. Not always very awake, but present

nedhall17

Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 4:15 PM

That sounds like a blast! Maybe we can start that up again. Question for those in the know: can you play D-pente in the live room?

zachburau

Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 4:32 PM

I'll try to drop in...

watsu

Home page
Posted: Dec 15, 2022, 5:10 PM

@ ned - yes. Swap2 is better for live than D, but for now D works. @sechshun8 - try messaging zoeyk and up2ng. Both have been around in the not so distant past.

Replies: 10   Views: 9,212   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]