Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: Ravensburger Pente variant information?
Replies: 1   Views: 705   Pages: 1   Last Post: Nov 10, 2021, 5:01 PM by: watsu

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 1   Views: 705   Pages: 1  
watsu

Home page
Ravensburger Pente variant information?
Posted: Nov 10, 2021, 12:12 PM

There's a Pente variant rule which is similar to the poof Pente variant here, but instead of being able to play a stone and have it be poof captured (and possibly capture the opponent's stones at the same time) playing o into the _ space in x_ox is forbidden. According to the programmer who added Pente and variants to Board Game Arena, this rule comes from a Ravensburger gomoku board which is over 20 years old. So far, I haven't heard back from the owner of the Ravensburger board for more details, but I'm curious to know more about the history of this variant. Ravensburger has been selling Go/Gomoku boards at least since the 1950s, so this variant could potentially be a ninuki renju variant which predates the Pente rules of 1977. Does anyone have more information on Ravensburger boards and gomoku variant rules?

I don't want to play non tournament rules games. If you take one of my unrated invites, play tourney

watsu

Home page
Re: Ravensburger Pente variant information?
Posted: Nov 10, 2021, 5:01 PM

Sounds like the safe spot rule wasn't specified in the rules. I still want to know the age of the editions which had these rules, though.

I don't want to play non tournament rules games. If you take one of my unrated invites, play tourney
Replies: 1   Views: 705   Pages: 1  
Back to Topic List
Topics: [ Previous | Next ]