Home » Forum Home » General

Topic: D-pente - try it!
Replies: 5   Views: 51,059   Pages: 1   Last Post: Feb 10, 2019, 9:18 AM by: mikaelh

Search Forum

Back to Topic List Topics: [ Previous | Next ]
Replies: 5   Views: 51,059   Pages: 1  
pente_gon

D-pente - try it!
Posted: Jan 25, 2019, 7:55 PM

Hello,

I would like to encourage all of you to try D-pente. I'm surprised that it is not popular. Below you can see rules and some advantages (in my opinion).

RULES: The only difference between pente and d-pente is beginning. Player1 put 4 first stones anywhere on board (two white and two black). Please note that it means that it is also possible to made one capture at the opening stage. At this point in the game player 2 gets control. Player 2 decides to continue playing as player 2, or decides to swap seats and take over as player 1! After that decision is made, play continues just as in Pente with whoever is now player 1 making the next move.

1. It gives opportunity to play completely new positions and it can be a breath of fresh air in exploring of pente. If you see that sometimes in regular pente you played same moves and it is boring maybe that is a good moment to try something new (but still same game).
2. In standard pente it very rarely happens to reach edges of board. In d-pente you can play opening near the edge and game is a little bit different.
3. I think it is easier to improve your game there, less memorizing, more improvisation and pure thinking

PS
If you want to try it and play with me - please feel invited. Just accept my open invitation or sent it by yourself.

im_bad

Re: D-pente - try it!
Posted: Jan 26, 2019, 6:34 AM

I've been wondering what it was for some time now! I think i'll check it out now thanks!

mikaelh

Posted: Jan 27, 2019, 7:38 PM

Please try DK Pente as well!
It is Keryo Pente with the same opening rule.

mikaelh

Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 11:12 AM

Please change the Game Rules:
"Play starts with white's first move at the middle as always."

rainwolf

Home page
Posted: Feb 6, 2019, 1:54 PM

> Please change the Game Rules:
> "Play starts with white's first move at the middle as
> always."